Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve Egg Nog Mini Bundt Cakes

Egg Nog is one of my hubby's favorite holiday flavors.  I know he grew up with his parents having it on Christmas Eve and my Dad always made his "spirited" bowl for the open house my Mom would host each year.  These little cakes remind me of those times.


It's been a hectic month and as we all do our last minute baking, shopping, and wrapping, it's nice to take a minute and remember how thankful we are for all we have.  Wishing you all the merriest Christmas and happiest New Year.

Christmas Eve Egg Nog Mini Bundt Cakes
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp. Egg Nog flavoring, or 1 tsp. vanilla extract, or 1 T. rum
1 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg

2 cups King Arthur all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup Egg Nog

Preheat oven to 350F-degrees.  Spray a 6-cup mini Bundt pan with baking spray and set aside.  In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and cream cheese together.  Add the sugar and beat on medium to combine.  Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Add the flavoring (or extract or rum) and mix once again.

Whisk the dry ingredients together, then add them to the bowl, alternating with the egg nog, starting and ending with dry ingredients.  The mixture is thick.

Scoop the batter into the prepared mini Bundt pan.
Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.  Remove from the oven and after cooling for 5 minutes, turn them out onto a rack to cool.

I decided to treat these like a "doughnut" so I melted 3/4 + 2T (almost two sticks) of unsalted butter.  I also made a mixture of 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 1 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg.
Dip the cakes into the butter, then roll into the sugar mixture.
Alternatively, you can glaze the cakes with 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 1tsp. Karo light syrup, and 1-2 T egg nog.

I have one last post to do tomorrow of a Buche de Noel cake, then the baking is done. Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. My daughter made egg nog cookies for Thanksgiving. They were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so delicious!
    Have a blessed and happy holiday season, Susan!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Susan and I'm sure taste great! Have a Merry Christmas, my friend! xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am baking a butter cake tonight. If I had seen these first, I might be baking them instead. I like that you treated them as if they are doughnuts...bet they are yummy that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm these sound good...missing a couple of the ingredients in the house right now but will get them and try this recipe soon.
    Merry Christmas to you my friend and your family.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy and peaceful Christmas to you! Have a wonderful day!

    Merry Christmas
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks grand! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look nice and moist and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I have eggnog in the refrig still. I made your scones last month and was thinking about an eggnog pound cake. Sounds very comforting. I have that mini bundt pan so I just might have to give these a try. I bet they are delicious! Happy New Year, my friend! lv, me

    ReplyDelete